- Admitted to practice in all state courts in Arizona, the United States District Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America – Appellate Practice
- Best Lawyers in America, Tucson, Lawyer of the Year, Appellate Practice, 2018, 2020
- Who's Who in American Law
- State Bar of AZ, Appellate Practice Section
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- AZ Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Former Law Clerk of Supreme Court of Arizona
Jefferson Keenan received his undergraduate degree in philosophy and his law degree from the University of Arizona (summa cum laude). Mr. Keenan was an Articles Editor of the Arizona Law Review. In addition, Mr. Keenan was elected Phi Beta Kappa and Order of the Coif. He is a recipient of the University Scholarship Award and the Charles E. Ares Fellowship.
Mr. Keenan served as clerk to Vice Chief Justice Stanley G. Feldman of the Arizona Supreme Court. His publications include: “Non-Evidentiary Use of Compelled Testimony and the Increased Likelihood of Conviction,” 32 Arizona Law Review 173 (1990); “Entrapment Targets and Tactics: Jacobson v. United States,” 29 Criminal Law Bulletin 241 (1993); “Dual Sovereigns, Successive Prosecutions, and Politically Correct Verdicts,” 31Criminal Law Bulletin 291 (1995); “Impeaching A Cooperating Witness,” The Federal Lawyer, (November-December, 2002).
Mr. Keenan has been with the firm for over 30 years and serves as the legal research, motion and appellate practice coordinator. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, United States District Court for the District of Arizona and all Arizona state courts. Mr. Keenan is a member of the Appellate Practice Section of the State Bar of Arizona, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice. He is an AV rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected by peer review to be listed in the Best Lawyers in America in the area of Appellate Practice since 2013. He was also recognized in Best Lawyers in America as the Tucson Appellate Practice “Lawyer of the Year” for 2018 and 2020.